Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Baby Pickup

 



I saw this Hyundai pickup in the parking lot at the grocery store Monday. I saw one in Tulsa last year when I was out there, but this is the first one I've seen around here. It's a cute little thing but not much good for hauling. If you could put a trailer hitch on it, it might be pretty handy. I like the cover on the bed - good for securing things when you're parked and out of the elements. I don't know what kind of mileage it gets, but probably much better than my full-size Ford. I filled it and a 5 gallon can last night and the tab was $76.44. Probably much cheaper to fill up the Hyundai.


I was looking at the ass end of the Sportster trying to decide what to do about the two holes in the fender and I was struck by the thought a small rack would be handy. The license plate bracket is pretty stout, so I could make something that would bolt to the license plate bracket in the rear and the two holes in the front. It's a small area but the rack could cantilever over the bracket a bit. I wouldn't want it to be an eyesore, but it would be nice to have a spot to strap on a jacket or rain gear. I'm going to give that some thought. I did order a rear tire and tube, so progress hasn't stopped completely.

The grandson is now officially enrolled in college. He'll be starting welding classes in January. Very proud of the young man.

No comments: