Sunday, September 3, 2023

Bicycling, Etc.

 


I went for a bike ride Friday morning. The odometer was 8.5 miles from hitting 1,000, so I wanted to ride enough to have it roll over and get a picture of it. Much to my surprise and disappointment, rather than showing 1,000 on the clock, it reset to zero. It went from showing five nines to three zeros. However, after Saturdays ride it's now on 18 miles at least. 

Before Saturday's ride I dropped off the repaired cart at the CSA and then hit the boxing gym for a bit of shoulder therapy. I was able to do a few rounds on the double end bag and speed bag without any pain. I'm a little rusty on the speed bag but I'm planning on doing it on a more regular basis. 


If I had a big shop, a lot of money and a lot of ambition, I'd try to locate myself one of these. And then I'd paint it red. 

I picked up a couple of new LED lights for the shop ceiling the other day. The two I replaced were also LED  - the ones that are supposed to be good for up to 50,000 hours. If my arithmetic is correct, if I was out in the shop damn near full time that would amount to 2,000 hours per year. That would give me a life span on the light fixtures of 25 years. Instead, I only got a few years. One of the fixtures was blinking to the point it was going to give me a seizure, the other one just plain quit. Always the optimist, I'm hoping at my age I'll never have to replace these two. Time will tell, I guess. 

I've got a wedding reception to go to today, but probably won't stay too long. It's an outdoor event and the temps are supposed to be in the mid-nineties. Plus, I'm little apprehensive about going to any event with a crowd of people. 

I need to do a little maintenance on my bicycle, a little chainsaw work, some more yard work and turn a wrench on the Sportster. Might be a little rain in the middle of the week, that'll be time to get the cam chest back together on the bike. I'm going to see about getting a rear tire and swapping that out while I've got the bike lifted up and can pull the wheel off easily. That and the fact the shoulder is back to about 90%.

No comments: