Friday, September 15, 2023

Lumberjacking

 


Now that the shoulder is serviceable, I'm tackling some overdue yard maintenance here at the shack. My neighbor has a bucket lift, so I invited him over to partake in the fun. He lopped off some branches that were rubbing the power line coming into the house and the feed for my shop. I got the ground man job hauling branches away and doing the final clean-up.


I also finished cutting up the downed tree as well - gave my shoulder a good workout, and the rest of me as well. It's been quite a while since I've done much physical work and I felt it the next morning. Not bad, but enough to remind me I need to get back to the gym and/or doing some more strenuous work around the shack. I'm going to rent a log splitter to take care of the wood in the photo as well as some other pieces I've got that need splitting which will help with that. I'm also going to take a tour next week of a health club nearby. It's a no contract, 24/7 place. I'm looking for a warm place for the winter months.


My former colleagues at the high school, Kevin and DJ, got the bushings for TVI taken care of. Thanks to both of those gentlemen, and congratulations to Kevin on the birth of his daughter.

I need to take a trip north to take care of some business/run some errands. 5K this weekend and some odds jobs on the agenda, like always. It's been nice working outside lately. Fast approaching my favorite time of the year, meaning I need to finish a few things before the weather turns.

No comments: