Thursday, February 24, 2022

Dog Days

 Took the dog to the groomer yesterday, did the grocery shopping, picked the dog up from the groomer, and then went on poop patrol. Not the most exciting way to spend the day but the dog looks and smells much better. And if you go out and pick up the poop while it's frozen, fortunately it doesn't smell. 


I bought new tires for the "racing" bike and some new gloves. My running buddy gave up on the marathon she was planning but wants to do a century ride on the bikes. I found a couple of them locally towards the end of the season that look promising. I didn't have any trouble last year with the couple of long rides I did but 100 miles is a serious ride. I pumped up the tire on the trainer and have put in a couple of short sessions. I put a new seat on it a few years ago but I need to get some time on it to break it in to fit my bony ass. I've got the same seat on the racing bike and it's got a couple of dimples about the size of a golf ball from my sitz bones. 

I'll start training in earnest and get my legs, lungs and ass all shaped up enough I can start putting in some serious mileage once the weather breaks. I don't know if the bicycle race that I was training for last year will happen this year or not. I'm going to operate on the assumption that it will and get some speed work into my training. My running buddy mentioned an event in May she's interested in: 5K run, 10 mile bike ride and then stair laps for a total of 1080 stairs. She wants to put together a team but obviously if I'm on the team, it wouldn't be too competitive since I'd walk rather than run the 5K. Could be fun though.

No comments: