Thursday, February 17, 2022

Life is But a Dream, Sweetheart

 


Life's pretty much a dream these days - fortunately it's not a nightmare. Of course, I'll have to see what the weather brings today. The forecast calls for rain, freezing rain and then 8 inches of snow with wind gusts of 40 miles per hour or something. It was warm yesterday, though. Temps in the fifties, warm enough I only ran the heater in the shop for a few minutes just to take the chill off. 


I finished up a machining job and started making parts for the steering on the jitney. The top piece in the photo is a spacer for the shaft bearing that goes up against the firewall. I got it cut out and chucked up in the 4 jaw on the lathe so I can bore the center hole. It was about time to break for supper, and since I had just cleaned the lathe and put all the tools away, I decided to call it a day. The piece underneath it is for the idler sprocket adjuster/tensioner. I think I've got the details worked out. Depending on the weather, I want to finish the spacer job and then start on the parts for the adjuster.

No comments: