Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #15


This one's from a 5K I did in July of 2019. It was a first-time event and there weren't any medals or any differentiation between the walkers and the runners on the online timing results. I'm relatively sure I was the first walker in but at this stage of the game, it's not all that important.

I would imagine by now, you will have noticed a theme with the shirts. Most of them are from a run/race walk, bicycle, boxing or motorcycle related. While my interests go beyond those, most of the rest don't have tee shirts associated with them - or at least not that I'd be willing to spend $15 - $20 on. 

I currently have nothing that I'm training for. My running buddy had to give up on her plan for running a marathon. Hopefully, she'll be able to do some 5Ks this summer, either running or as my pacer. My 5K I did with Surly was most enjoyable but it wasn't much of an athletic performance. If I had tried to pick up the pace we wouldn't have been able to chat much and we haven't done near enough of that the past two years. So there's the silver lining. However, I got beat by a guy I used to work with. Last time I did that event I passed him at about the 2-1/2 mile mark. In fact, I was the first male walker over the finish line. I'd like to try my hand at actually racing against him this coming Thanksgiving.