Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #17


Souvenir shirt from the high mileage contest at Sonoma Raceway in California. Had a great time with the students and the instructors. I was involved with the state contest for years when I was at the high school but never got involved with the Shell contest. The shirt is made from recycled plastic bottles - not the safest thing for a welder to wear, so it hasn't gone into the rotation. Maybe I'll wear it to the racetrack if that ever happens.

Beautiful day yesterday - what Lauren Bacall called "false spring" in the Shootist. Sunny, calm and temps in the fifties - warm enough to work in the shop with the big doors open.


I finished threading the shaft for the idler sprocket. I had planned to work on the base plate for that job but decided to work on the brake set-up instead. I needed to get the booster and pedal located, as well as where the remote oil filter is going to go. I'm going to make a channel or angle that will run across the front to help support those items. With that stiffener and bolting everything to the firewall as well, should be plenty rigid.


Sideview showing the booster and pedal. The hanger bracket is tacked in place and looks to be plenty strong, especially when I tie it in to the piece behind the firewall. I'm still going to need something to support a Heim joint for the steering shaft next to the U-joint. Maybe try to figure that out today. It's supposed to be in the forties today and raining - warm enough that I'll not have to run the heater other than to take the chill off. Time to get shaking.

No comments: