Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Brake Pads

 


This lady has a beautiful voice and I especially like the piano work at about the halfway point in this number. I took piano lessons a long, long time ago. We've got a piano at the house now and I started playing again a couple of years ago but the piano broke. There's a little piece that transfers the energy from striking the key to the string to make the note. The little gizmo looks to be made from plastic of some sort. When I stuck my head up in there to see what was broken, I could see that a couple other of the keys had suffered a similar fate and had been repaired using hardwood. Getting the piano useable is on the list of things to get done this winter. Either fix it or send it down the road. 

The brake pads and the rebuild kit for the master cylinder came yesterday. I didn't get to do anything with them - busy getting caught up on the mail, paying bills and welding with the grandson later in the day. We started him on TIG welding aluminum. He did well. Surprisingly enough, he didn't stick the tungsten down into the soup even once. Usually, the first couple sessions are spent more on the grinder cleaning off the tungsten than on actually welding. New shocks and brake disc should be here on Friday. 

I get the front wheel and the pipes back on I'll put it away for the winter, do a little shop clean up and get back on the jitney, the vintage trials bike and a project or two in the basement workshop. I'm going to be plenty busy this winter - teaching a class at the college once again, working with a couple of boxers, hitting the gym a couple of days a week, and keeping up with all the chores around the shack. Better than sitting on my ass doing nothing, though. Lazy Boy is definitely a good name for that recliner.

No comments: