Tuesday, November 14, 2023

More Parts

 


Shocks and brake disc came in last week but I didn't open the box until yesterday. I like the looks of the new drilled disc. The holes are not chamfered, which would lead to rapid pad wear. However, it insures that pads never get glazed. I'm contemplating doing a light chamfering on the holes with a countersinking tool. Maybe yes, maybe no.


I bought this light to install on the new pole in the back yard. The pole man brought me a new light, so the one in the photo is left over and it's been long enough I can't return it. I'm planning on installing it on the south end of my shop. I've got an identical one on the north side of the shop and I'm quite pleased with the amount and color of the light it gives off. It turns on automatically at dusk and the installation was pretty easy to do. I should get the outside part done before it gets too cold. In fact, I should have done it when I had the ladder and the tools out when I replaced the window trim. 

I made another pie last evening. I had a hankering for a pie of my own after baking the other two and giving them away. I was a little short of apples from the original batch, but I had some still on the tree that were useable. There were three different varieties of apples in the pie - don't know what they actually are but the pie tastes good. 

Spending some time in the shop today. The weather is still unseasonably warm - need to get out and get some things done.  

No comments: