Saturday, November 11, 2023

Pies & Vets

 


Friday was pie day! A pair of apple pies, both of which are for friends - took quite a bit of restraint on my part to keep from cutting myself a slice, though. I had planned on baking three of them but came up a bit short on apples. Maybe Monday I can scrounge a couple of them still left on my trees so I can bake one for here. I usually bake a couple of loaves of persimmon bread this time of year but I didn't get enough fruit for that - it goes in cycles, so next year probably.

Off to the boxing matches with Coach Jen and Nikola, and a few more. Long drive, so it'll be an overnighter. Should make for an interesting experience, regardless of the boxing matches.

And of course, it's Veterans Day. Thanks to all those who are still around and a moment of prayer in remembrance for all those who are gone now. 

No comments: