Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Front Wheel

 


Front wheel cleaned up with the new tire installed. I had a helluva time breaking the bead on the old tire. I finally resorted to using a couple of "C" clamps to squeeze the sides of the tire together which broke the bead loose. Again, the install went fairly smoothly with the drop center rim. New brake pads and master cylinder rebuild kit should be here today. I'll get the caliper and forks cleaned up. I'm going to order a new rotor and some shocks also. Even if this thing never runs, the chassis will be sorted and the bike will look good while sitting in the shop. I'm still thinking about replacing the drag pipes - good wintertime project. 

2 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

did you need to replace wheel bearings?

Shop Teacher Bob said...

They seem to be in good shape. Timken bearings and the bike has less than 5,000 miles on it. Thanks for the heads-up, though. At my age I'm getting a little forgetful.