Went for walkies yesterday with Coach Jen - got 4 miles in - and she said her husband had a small job for me. I stopped by their barn later and he's making a jack mount for his camper. Needs the pipe welded to the piece and holes drilled in both of the flat bars. No biggie - I'll get it knocked out in the next couple of days.
You'll notice the parts are sitting on the sheet for the oil tank job. I went out to the shop the other day to get started on cutting out the pieces and I saw a woodchuck run past the big door. I quick went outside and saw the bushes moving where he ran along the side of the building. The raspberries have been taken over with scrub brush and weeds, so I stopped work inside and started clearing a spot about two feet wide next to the shop. I didn't find a burrow, but a couple of years ago one actually chewed through the siding of the shop and found its way in. I need to just cut everything down and start over with the berries. Of course, it continues to rain and the mosquitoes are terrible, but I need to make sure the woodchuck isn't burrowing under the shop or coming through the wall again.
Meanwhile in the fun never stops department, the $20.00 recliner I bought not too long ago broke after the Missus body slammed it while forcing it to recline. I think I figured out how to repair it without too much trouble. Not much of an initial investment, but the upholstery is like new and it's American made. It just wasn't designed for the rough and tumble reclining method.
Need to mow again because it's only been a day - mow the front, mow the back, wait a day, and repeat. As long as it's dry enough. If not, I end up with big clumps of grass all over the yard. Usually, this time of year everything is brown, mow maybe once every week and a half. Always something.


1 comment:
how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Post a Comment