Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hammerform, The Sequel



























I got the hammerform finished up the other day. The sides are a little flat but not so much they look like a Sportster tank. I'll start out with it like this and if I don't like the look in aluminum, I can always put a little more curve to them. That's the theory anyway. Holding it up next to the bike, it looks pretty good. The length and scale of everything looks right, so now it's just a matter of starting in on it. I'm thinking four pieces to make the thing - top, sides and a bottom. I picked up the aluminum Friday, so it's about time to get started. If all goes well, I'll order the Monza style flip-up cap. If things don't go well, lumpy tea kettle it is. Or maybe a watering can. Or maybe a planter. I guess the list of possibilities for a junk gas tank is almost endless.

2 comments:

cuzzin ricky said...

i know a guy that will dispose of that tank if it does't comeout right that way it will be out of your hair especially if its made out of aluminum! just trying to be helpful and be green cuzzin ricky

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I appreciate the offer to take it off my hands but I think I'm going to be OK. I am having a little trouble thinking of you as green. You going to start wearing bibs made from hemp? Maybe start a little tobacco patch for organic chew? Somehow, you just don't fit the profile there, Buddy.