Monday, August 23, 2010

40th Ave Institute

















Check this out. It's a bike put together by the 4oth Ave. Institute of Metallurgical Arts and House of Odd Bicycles. From the website it looks like a place to have some fun, drink a little beer and make cool projects from junk bicycles. My kinda place. Actually, it sounds a lot like my Open Shop nights but without the beer. If you check out the link, make sure you look at the squirrel bike. It's like the old Big Wheels that the little guys used to run up and down the sidewalks back in the 70's. If I didn't already have a barn full of bicycle stuff, I might put one of those together.

However, my next bicycle project is going to be finishing the chopper bike we started at school a few years back as part of a pilot program that fell through. I'm thinking about buying one of those little 2 stroke motor kits and throwing it on there. The bike is about 90% done and the rest would be taken care of by the motor kit anyway. Finishing the bike is one of the priorities for this year's school shop projects. I'm cleaning house and I'll soon have a new barn to park it in. It should get about 75 mpg and be a hoot to ride and when gas gets to be $5.00 / gallon, I can build the still and run it on corn liquor! Or maybe I need to stop reading the Lindsay catalog.

2 comments:

tvi said...

HEY "BOB",

IF GAS GETS TO 5 DOLLARS A GALLON, YOU MAY WANT TO BUILD THE STILL AND DRINK THE PRODUCT INSTEAD OF BURNING IT! YAHOO!

TALK TO YOU SOON,

TVI

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'm thinking making a little two-stroke buzz on 180 proof would be a whole lot more productive than me getting the buzz on.