Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of School

Today was the first day of high school for me for the 41st time - four years as a student and 37 as a teacher. Things went about as well as I expected them to go. No phone, no computer and no shop. Actually rather enjoyable. No need to worry about attendance reporting or any interruptions. I think I can sneak out there tomorrow and start getting some things done in the shop. I haven't done much in the way of project work all summer long and I need to scratch the itch. Looks like some good people in my classes, so as long as I stay in my own little world I should be fine this year.

Check out the boxing club site for an update on the festival results this past weekend. The ring I made worked out but needs some additional bracing. I'm going to get going on that as soon as possible. It needs some knee bracing and a truss rod on the back of the corner posts. Nothing too difficult, just needs to get done before it's a rush when we want to use it again.

Night all.


No comments: