Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cool Pics





































Nice photos from the 40's of a couple of weldors. These look to have been made from a 4x5 judging from the cut marks on the edge of the film - probably a Speed Graphic. Keeping the wheels turning during the war. Click on the photos and blow them up. They're really nice shots.

I haven't done much photography this summer other than digital. I shot a couple of rolls when I went on my trip but I haven't even developed them yet. After school starts I'm going to mix up some fresh chemicals and do some printing. I've got two 4x5 cameras that are a lot of fun to shoot with but it's kind of a pain to develop the film. I need to make a tray or something that makes it easy to develop 4 sheets at a time without having to use a lot of chemistry. I'll put that on the list and see what I can get figured out. Looks like it's going to be awhile before I can use the shop at school, however.


I worked yesterday and today on building a portable boxing ring for Saturday. Looks like it's going to be pretty nice. The club is putting on a show as part of the local festival, so we'll have a little float in the parade and sparring later in the day.


I go back to work Friday and the students start Monday. I'm not looking forward to going back this year but I checked my schedule of classes and things look real good from that standpoint. I've got two vocational classes in the morning and prep right after lunch, then the beginning classes. My ideal schedule and the class sizes are good as well. As long as we can get out in the shop before there's an uprising, both the students and I should be happy campers.


3 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

You're welcome, Bro. You're right about the photography, great pictures in both of those spreads.

I want to bounce a couple of ideas off ya when we get together in October on a couple of things I'm thinking of making. Yer brain is full of ideas and approaches to things that I don't have so that helps.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Looking forward to coming down and talking shop, and with Surly along, there should be no shortage of ideas.

Surly said...

Ain't Kodachrome grand?