Friday, August 27, 2010

Update on All Things STB

Well, the phone didn't ring with the call from the Museum, so Shop Teacher Bob won't be spending a month away from home. I might be taking a trip to Rio, however. Jimmy has signed to fight in Brazil on October 16th and I don't know how many tickets they are going to send him. If they send three, I'm in. If they don't, I'm going to see what we can come up with so I can help work his corner. This is the shot he's been waiting for his whole life and I'd really like to be there for it. Plus, who wouldn't want to go to Rio?















Just for fun we decided to make it a parallelogram instead of a rectangle


The barn project has been progressing right smartly. It looks like the Building Trades boys will be building another house as well as my barn, so they'll be working on getting that one closed in before winter and working on finishing mine as time allows. That's fine with me. I'll be getting my doors and such collected up and I can fix the spiral stair as soon as we come up with the finished floor height.

I bailed out of my marathon training due to some strange malady I incurred. When I came down sick, I kind of seized up when out running. After getting over the illness, I seized up again when I resumed my training. I've been thoroughly checked out by the doctor and I think it's some kind of pulled muscles/pinched nerve in my chest and back that just won't cooperate with my running or just about anything else, for that matter. It's rather strange and a real aggravation. I haven't been running or cycling for about two weeks and things are better but not 100%. I guess you have to expect a few bumps in the road when you're a couple of weeks away from 60.















Boring a piece for the Rickati swingarm


The weather's been great lately and I'm getting back into the work routine. Open Shop will be starting after Labor Day and project output should be improving soon. I'm going to spend some time doing some machine work on Rickati and gun parts so I've got a pile of things to work on when the weather turns cold. All in all, things are going pretty well, both at home and at school. I did want to spend the night in the submarine, though.


3 comments:

cuzzin ricky said...

if you could spend the night in the sub would you have been singing yo ho ho and a bottle of schnaps cuzzin ricky

domestikdeva said...

Me.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Cuzzin Ricky: If I remember correctly the ship's telegraph said kleine fahrt for dead slow speed. So instead of singing yo ho ho, I could sit on the steel plate bunk, cut a fluffy and make jokes about a little fart. They may have somehow sensed that and that's why I didn't get the call.

domistikdeva: I'm glad you explained that.