Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ideas

Since the weather is starting to improve, even though it did snow just a bit last night and it may the next couple of days, it's about time to start working on things again. Since the 900 is apart, that's going to be the one I start on.


I've got my sidecovers made and they are basically the same as on this one, sans the holes. I've been thinking about dressing them up a bit and was thinking of rolling a design in them with the bead roller but I kind of like the holes. I made a bell mouth tool for 1" holes years back. It'd be nice to bell mouth all the holes but since there are about four different sizes pictured, that'd be at least three more bell mouth tools I'd have to make. Not that I couldn't do that but just one more thing. 

I like the cut-outs in the countershaft cover as well. I've got a Kosman style cover on the 900 so that's taken care of but the cover looks good - works well with the sidecover.  I'd like to see the rest of the bike.


This Kaw has the exhaust pipe on the left rather than the right side. I was planning on putting mine on the right side since the header already has the collector offset to that side but If I ever put a sidecar back on it the noise would be reverberating off the hack and the bike making things a little unpleasant for all concerned. Additionally, it was going to be a little tricky to route the pipe without getting it too close to the rear master cylinder. As soon as I get the swingarm welded up, that'll be next on the list.

I've got several pressing concerns that need to override the motorcycle job but I'll be able to sneak in a little work on the rainy days. Need to scratch the itch. Both photos from here, by the way.

Have a good week.


No comments: