Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Warm Enough To Work!


Went over to the school yesterday and judged the welding plates. There were three contestants but only two can go, so I got to make the decision. All three of them looked pretty fair. They'll be heading to Indy on Thursday for the contest. It'll be interesting to see how they do. I snapped a photo of the stairs with the rope handrail installed while I was there. Seems like every time I stop in there's always something going on and it always looks good. Nice to see the program prospering. 


After I came home I moved the light for the wood lathe. Didn't take long since I had all the parts and it was warm enough to work without gloves on. My old hands don't take too kindly to the cold anymore. It's supposed to be fairly warm today again but sleet and snow moving in tonight. They're talking a couple of inches of snow or more. As long as it's not a damn ice storm with power outages and all that. 

I've been looking into getting a transfer switch and a plug hooked up for back-up power. Now that my portable welder is running again it makes enough power to run the furnace and the well pump. I haven't decided the best way to make it handy to get to, however. I made the trolley beam for the new barn which would make it easy to load up into the pickup and bring it up close to the house if needed. Maybe a little trailer. Harbor Freight sells a little cheapie that would be about right. Something else to think about. Not ready to add it to the list yet, but I am willing to think about it.

Off to do something outside before it snows again.

2 comments:

leroy99 said...

Thanks for the kind words!! I know a guy with some help prolly build you a nice little trailer for the welder pretty cheap and probably nicer than harbor chang just a thought. Happy anniversary to you and the missus tomorrow also!!

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I'll keep the trailer offer in mind.
I don't want to add anything else to the list but if all I have to do is pull out the checkbook, that'd make it easy enough to get finished.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes and good luck at the contest.