Monday, March 3, 2014

Memory Lane




Took a little trip down Memory Lane the other day. My buddy with the Camaro asked me a while back, quite a while back actually, if I could find the photos I took of his car at my parents place long time back. He was pretty sure they were slides rather than prints but it had been so long I had no recollection. Since it's been so damn cold I figured it would be a good time to spend an afternoon looking for his slides/prints and see if I could find a picture of my old sidecar rig. Come to find out it was slides and they were dated July '78. I didn't find the picture of my sidecar rig but I did find a slide of it when Surly and I took a trip to Kentucky on it in '83. I'm not sure what the best way is to convert slides to prints these days but I need to get a few made. When I do, I'll scan a couple of them in. 

While digging through the big plastic tub of slides, prints and negatives I came across several B&W 5x7's taken at my old house. The top photo above is of a Honda 350 I made the two into one high pipe and megaphone for. I think I also mounted the seat and made some footpegs for it. The bottom photo is my '94 Ducati 750 SS. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago. Time does indeed fly but it's nice to have some photos to remember things by. Especially for a guy who can't remember what he had for breakfast, let alone things that went on 20 years or more ago.


No comments: