Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Jig's Up!


The grinder jig came the other day. It's now installed and ready for me to dull up so lathe tools. It's basically the same as the Wolverine/OneWay set-up like I used at the Marc Adams school and that I bought for the Woodshop at the high school but is made by PSI instead. Seems to be well made and it was quite a bit cheaper. I can't see me working on the mini-lathe all day, every day, so it should last me a lifetime. Of course, at my age I don't even buy green bananas any more. I still need to level and fasten down the lathe bed extension but other than that, I'm ready to turn.


I broke down and bought a good cordless drill the other day. Actually, the Missus said she throw in half for my birthday present, so here we are. Home Despot had the two-fer of drill and impact driver for a decent price, so that's what I went with. The impact driver has a chuck set up for the 1/4" hex shank tools. I don't know how often I'll have use for that but I bought a 3/8" square drive adapter for it so I can use it as an impact wrench for bolting things up. Plus that gives me a spare battery for the drill. I also bought the 45 piece tool bit set in the photo to just keep in the bag with the drill. Menards had the set for $2.99. Pretty much everything a guy needs for driving screws for three bucks? Yeah, why not.

Now it's back to the mowing, painting, Sportstering.

Have a good weekend. Weather here's going to be fine. Get outside and enjoy it!


No comments: