Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mama Tried


Saw at the Zen of Neato that there's going to be a motorcycle show in Milwaukee coming up on the 21st & 22nd. Been a while since I've been to a bike show and even longer since I've been to Milwaukee. Doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon for me, but if you're looking for something to do here in the mid-west besides shovel snow, here it is.


I bent up another water tray the other day. I still need to solder the ends but that's not too tricky. I've got hot water heat in the shack and even though there's no furnace blower like there is with forced air, the humidity level still gets low. I set these trays on top of the baseboard units, fill them with water and they help humidify the house. I solder a couple of tabs on the back side of the trays to prevent them from falling off. I made a couple these a few years back and they seem to help quite a bit. 


Here's a photo of the previous ones I made - better photo at least.

Weather's turning cold again so I won't be getting much done outside, plus I've made two trips to the hospital this week with the Missus - another surgery yesterday. They've poked about a dozen holes in the poor old girl the last couple of months and that's not counting the IV's and the blood draws. She's a trooper, though. Holding up well.

I've stayed with my commitment to post at least twice a week since I started this blog. When I was at the high school that wasn't tough because the boys were always building things and there was always something to bitch about with the school corporation or education in general. Not sure what I'm going to be able to put up here in the next few months as far as projects go, however. Let's face it, a new hammer handle and a seventh grade sheet metal project aren't really worth tuning in for but that's all I've got right now. Might be that way for a while. 

In the meantime, stay warm, stay busy and stay healthy.


No comments: