Sunday, February 22, 2015

VW Door


Since the temperature got up to about 30 degrees yesterday, I grabbed the VW door from the barn and took it out to the shop and welded in the new tee nuts to hold the aluminum panel in place. Wasn't too bad out there. I fired up the new heater and it warmed things up from 35 to 50 fairly quickly. Didn't take long to weld the pieces in. It'll be a little tougher on the ones in back since they'll have to be done in the car. I'll probably just MIG weld those in instead of TIG like I did these. Maybe today I'll get the bolt holes drilled in the panel and cut out the hole for the door handle. Put a few screws in and I can see what it's going to look like, then decide what I want to do about the arm rest. Don't need an arm rest but I do need a way to pull the door shut. 

So there you go. Ain't much, but it's something.

No comments: