Thursday, February 26, 2015

See-In-See

 


They got a pair of these in the lab the other day. Trak 2op vertical machining center from Southwestern Industries. Don't know much about their capacities and specs but I'll bet you could make some neat motorcycle parts with them given half a chance. Surly and I had a little back and forth in the comments about my dad/his grandfather in the last post. The old boy was a pro at getting things made on the company dime. Must be an inherited trait. With all the machine tools coming in, the lab could be like Shop Teacher Bob's own private maker space. I'm hoping the CNC class will be on the same days as my teaching days. Take the class, work in the lab, teach a class. About the closest thing to heaven there is if a guy has to work. Especially for a guy who likes to learn new skills and make things.

No comments: