Saturday, April 11, 2015

Field Hospital


I got the drive chains replaced on the snow blower yesterday. This thing has an interesting system to make everything go - a couple of belts, a couple of chains, a few gears, and a wheel with a rubber tire on it that slides back and forth on a hex shaft to change the drive speeds. As long as it works, I'm happy. And so far it has for quite a few years. With new chains and a couple of squirts of grease on all the Zerks, hopefully it's good for a few more years.

Beautiful day yesterday to be out working on things. It was about 65 and sunny when I was working on the snow blower. - much too nice to be inside the shop. Hence the "field repair". Later in the day it cooled off a bit and the wind picked back up so I moved the wife's car outside and cut the top for the table saw out feed table. Need to get a few 2x4's for the framework and I'll have that job done. Man it's nice to be working again.



The magnolia trees are all budding out now and the grass is greening up. It'll be a few more days before the tree in the photo will be at it's prime but I can wait. 


The newest addition to the family - my niece's daughter. Beautiful little thing. Fall used to be my favorite time of year but the older I get the more I like Spring. A time of new growth and fresh starts. It was three years ago today that I had my heart attack. I was very fortunate to get a fresh start on life. Most every day is like springtime in my world now. Don't take what you have for granted. Enjoy every minute you're blessed with. 

No comments: