Friday, May 1, 2015

More Brit Bikes

BSA 1967 1 


The 520 Chain Cafe blog has put up quite a few old motorcycle adverts. The one above is something like I would have seen when reading Cycle or Cycle World when I was a senior in high school. I thought the Lightning was cool, but the Spitfire? Pure lust.

Photo From Here
After my HD Sprint was stolen in '69, I was going to step up in style and get myself something a little bigger. I had my eye on a new Triumph Daytona but I just didn't have the cash to swing the deal. I talked to my pops and the conversation went something like this:

Me: I want to get a new bike to replace my Sprint that got stolen but I need a co-signer for the loan.
Pops: You need to get a car.
Me: I can keep driving Mom's for awhile.
Pops: NO. You need to get a car.

End of conversation.

Photo From Here
So that was how the Triumph got away and I became the proud owner of a succession of used cars and pick up trucks. Hoping to finally have a couple of the old bikes running this year. Would have liked to have had that Triumph, though.

PS: Hooray, Hooray, the first of May!

PSS: Happy birthday Dave!

No comments: