Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Good News!

The wife had her appointment to see the doctor about the outcome of her chemo treatments yesterday. I planned on going along but we got a call from the school where the grandson goes that he wasn't feeling well and they hadn't been able to reach mom. So we grabbed him and I watched him while the Missus was gone. While waiting for her to get home the mailman came and dropped off my new book:


I ordered this thing as soon as I heard about it - well over a year ago - but it's here now and signed by the man his-self. I've just leafed through it so far but it looks to be extremely well done. I'm looking forward to reading it.

But more importantly, while leafing through the book, the wife called home and gave me the news from the doctor. The doc says she's 99% clean. One little spot showed up on the PET scan but it's shrunken from what it was. Because her type of lymphoma is a slow grower, the doc says just keep an eye on things and not to worry. 

Thanks be to heaven and to all those who've sent along wishes and prayers. I can't begin to tell you the relief I felt when she called. Took me all evening to finally settle down. I was so wound up, I baked a couple loaves of apple nut bread to keep busy. Just didn't know what to do with myself. 

Oh Happy Day!


5 comments:

Rich said...

Great news indeed! And yes, Malcolm was the Man.

Traveling Pirate said...

So glad to hear the good news!

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Big relief, thank you.

You work all your life and about the time you should be on easy street, something like this comes along. Could have been a lot worse, though. A lot of people don't get the happy ending.

tvi said...

HEY "BOB, SO GLAD TO HEAR SAM IS GOOD TO GO. BUSIER HERE THAN A LONG TAILED CAT IN A ROCKIN' CHAIR FACTORY. HOPE TO TALK TO YOU SOON. TVI

Frankie Flood said...

I can't tell you how great this is! So happy for you two; please pass best wished along to your missus.