Saturday, February 6, 2016

Road Racing

Photo from Here
Joey Dunlop at the Isle of Man TT.


Photo From Here
Hailwood. Also at the Isle of Man.


Photo From Here
Benelli 4 cyclinder. Surly and I got a chance to see this one run at Daytona. Makes some serious noise.

I want to go back to Europe again. Maybe I should look into a trip to the Isle of Man. I told my boss he could schedule me until the end of the year. Maybe take some of the money and get myself over there to watch the last of the world's great road races.

Meanwhile, I've been hitting it a bit in the shop.


Vise is done. Never really a concern about fixing it but the amazing thing is I didn't have to make a trip to the hardware store to get it done


Here's the bracket that gets welded on to the exhaust pipe. I usually make them out of two thin pieces welded back to back. Adds up to about an 1/8" thick bracket but by bending the flanges outward, it spreads the load over a wider area without adding any weight. Lot less chance of the bracket cracking around the weld due to vibration. I've got the exhaust pipe welded up and the brake parts came in. I'll post a couple of photos after I get everything installed. Getting closer all the time.




No comments: