Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Snow Day

Woke up this morning about 6:00 and the power went out shortly thereafter. Since they were calling for snow and winds, I went into emergency mode. I got a fire started in the fireplace, dug out my little catalytic heater, lit a kerosene lamp and put the kettle on. I had never used the heater before so it smelled a bit when it first started up but it seems to put out a nice even heat. I bought it for camping more than emergency use but figured if the power was going to be out for any length of time, better see what I could do before it got real cold in the house. Fortunately the power came back on about 1-1/2 hours later, so we're all good there. It is, however, snowing like a bastich right now. The wind's blowing a bit as well. So I'll be staying in, tending the fire and the Missus. She had four teeth pulled yesterday. She was pretty miserable last night as you would expect and still in some considerable discomfort this morning.


The brake and fork parts for the 900 project came in. Depending on the weather, maybe I'll get back on that project tomorrow. I'll have to see how the snow removal goes. Talking 6"- 8" and gusting winds. Might be all I get done for the day.

No comments: