Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sidecar Idea

Surly shot me an e-mail after the last post about the sidecar design offering up some suggestions from mild to wild. The one that stuck was a racing sidecar from that era. Duh! Why didn't I think of that. Something like this one would work.

Photo From Here
Nothing too complicated, but yet, a little bit of a challenge in the construction. The kind of thing that makes it interesting and worthwhile. In addition to the hand-holds incorporate some D rings in the floor to tie things down with. Just the thing for a quick run to the grocery or hardware store. Nice looking rig.

The Missus and I went to a motorcycle race on the streets of Terre Haute back when. There was a sidecar class running and I'm pretty sure one of them was a conventional outfit powered by a 900 along with the later kneeler styles. I shot some slides of the sidecars as well as the solo rigs while I was there. I'll have to dig them out and do a little research. The wheels are turning now.

No comments: