Monday, December 19, 2016

Short on Wheelbase, Big on Fun

Photo From Here

I was wasting time on the web looking at old dragster stuff and thought a Fiat Topolino would be cool. 

Photo From Here

Likewise a '32 Bantam. Especially if it has a blown hemi with two four barrels. And flames - everything's better with flames.

Photo From Here

Of course if you want the ultimate in a short wheelbase, fiberglass bodied, hemi powered rig, you might as well run it on nitro and add a wing just like Wild Willie Borsch. That dude was just crazy. The photo above was pretty much a typical day at the office for him. 

Too cold to work in the shop again today. I did make it out on Saturday and did some work on the milling machine. Lots of aluminum chips to clean up when I was done but since the heat blows in right where I stand when running the mill, figured it was a good time to knock that job out. Sunday was spent watching the Bears. That's another three hours of my life I'll never get back.

Starting to get things done down in the basement la-bor-a-tor-y. (That pronunciation seems to fit with the old farmhouse basement. It's begining to resemble something out of an old British horror film down there.) I've got a little more work to do yet getting things set up like I want, but I've got a couple of models to put together and a few other things that I can amuse myself with - just need a place to lay them out without freezing or having the cats jump up on the table while I'm working. Unfortunately, the old "boom box" quit working the other day so I need to get some tunes while I'm down there. I don't really need the music as much as I need to drown out the ringing in my ears from the tinnitus.  

Stay warm everyone and remember the reason for the season.



No comments: