Monday, February 6, 2017

Getting Tired of It

From Here
I'm not quite to that point yet but I can see it coming. I've been working full time pert near 50 years now. That should be enough. I was planning on going to the end of the calendar year but I might call it quits after the summer session. I'm working close to full time again and I find it rather inconvenient, to say the least. However, I saw my boss the other day and he said he's working on getting our campus certified as an AWS testing facility which would require a CWI on staff, which I just happen to be. That would open up some different options for me. Right now I've got no complaints with the job, and unlike the guy in the funny, I still enjoy it, but I think I'd rather have the freedom to do as I please, whenever I please. Which reminds me of this by Tom Waits:




I certainly wouldn't be better off without a wife, but I sure like the idea of "sleeping 'til the crack of noon, midnight howling at the moon, going out when I want to, and coming home when I please". The fact that I'm even thinking about it might mean it's time to go. 

I have managed to get a few things done of late. Worked on the tool stand a bit over the weekend. Made some progress on a couple of things in the basement laboratory. Started working on the taxes. Finished the Least-Heat-Moon book and started on Blue Highways by the same author. Might be able to get a little more done if I wasn't going to work. Or I could just sit on my ass when I felt like it. I think that's the Siren call I keep hearing. Yep, just might be time.

No comments: