Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Rail Bike Again

Photo From Here
Surly sent me an item on a rail tractor. Pretty cool, so I followed the link back and found this. Penny farthing rail bike? That's something you don't see every day, Chauncey. I've still got a couple of things to finish up on mine. Probably wouldn't take too much effort. I need to make a lever on the handlebars that will raise up the front guide wheel to prevent it from falling in the hole at a switch or crossover. Then just clean it up and get some paint on it.

There's a set of tracks that are run by a railroad museum not too far from me. I could run it on those without getting in too much trouble, I would think. A rail bike search here on the blog will get you a video clip of my maiden voyage, in case you've never seen it before, along with some other interesting rail bike things. Rail bike - yet another reason I should quit working, stay home and play with the toys.

No comments: