Wednesday, February 14, 2018

BSA Plan


High pipes on the BSA - I like it. Maybe shorten up the head pipes a bit and then roll up an aluminum reverse cone "mega" with some type of insert to quiet it down a bit.


Add a Corbin saddle and Bob's your uncle. Lots of choices of colors and patterns but black all around would probably be my choice. The perforated leather on the actual saddle surface might be nice. Since the bike's one of the last of the line, it's an oil in frame just like the Triumph shown in the photo. I'm not sure how the seat would line up with our tank but I could make a seat similar in style with the back part painted and then get the saddle upholstered. Then get the tank, seat and sidecovers all painted in a nice color that would go well with the grey paint on the frame.

New sidecovers with the European style tank, throw away the airbox type filter and replace it with a couple of individual air filters and it could be a real nice looking bike. And everything could be put back stock if one was so inclined.

This one is going on the list for the upcoming year. As soon as I finish the motorbike, I'm going to commence to commencin' on the sidecovers Surly designed. I'll get his input on the high pipes and seat, paint, etc. Time for this one to be back on the road.

No comments: