Monday, February 26, 2018

Political Post?


Another school shooting by another nut job young man. I usually don't like discussing this sort of thing because most people already feel strongly about their views and aren't going to change because of anything I have to say. That being the case, no point in me getting all wound up - I've had one heart attack. Don't need another. I will say that this last shooting could have been prevented using the tools currently available without having to disarm the whole country.


This is one of my favorite bands. Not necessarily my favorite song but Apolitical Blues kind of fits right in with my mood of late. I've never been a "phone person" anyway, so not wanting to answer the phone whether it's John Wayne or Dorothy Lamour is not much of an exaggeration. Especially since they're both long gone.


The wife and I are contemplating a cruise to Alaska this summer. I'm ready to book the trip, she's still sitting on the fence. I think her biggest objection is having to leave the dog at the kennel for a week. One of us will be going to the travel agent next week and getting some additional info on the trip. We'll see what happens after that. I'll leave the connection to Louis Prima up to your imaginations.



I got my gear finished up last week in class. The switch to aluminum made things go much faster. The blank is turned out on the CNC lathe, including the bore. The reaming is done on a conventional lathe. We had a bit of trouble getting the size right on the money with the CNC. The setscrew holes are drilled on the mill, tapped by hand and then the teeth are cut on the mill. It's been fun for me mostly because I've been involved in making the fixtures and doing some of the manual work. I've got most of that in my memory bank already. I'm still pretty clueless about the CNC end of it. But that's why I'm there, right?

No comments: