Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Little Something Done

Photo frame is finished - need to get a piece of glass for it and then I can get it hung up. Looks a little better in person than it does in the crappy photo. It'll be fine hanging on the wall of the woodshop.


Got a chainguard for the motorbike. This is an old universal fit that was on my Elgin. It was pretty rusty but a little elbow grease and some steel wool got it looking decent. Good enough for this job anyhow. I need to make a little tab to bolt the back of it onto the bike frame and a couple of other tabs but other than that, it's about ready to finish weld and paint. Depending on how things go today, might have it all welded up by this afternoon.. The frame is pretty rusty due to sitting around in the barn with no primer or paint on it after I retired but it cleans up well with emery cloth. I'll hit the spots where the tubes come together with a wire wheel and it should be clean enough to paint. I'm going to mount a couple of screw eyes into the ceiling so I can hang the frame up from some chain when I paint it - that'll help out when I'm ready to do a couple other bike projects as well. I can run the heater to get it warm enough to paint so it should be ready to re-assemble before the weather warms up. That'll be one done. Need get at least two more projects with wheels finished this year as well. 

No comments: