Saturday, March 24, 2018

Dead People


Don't know why but Rory Gallagher popped into my mind. Probably something to do with St. Paddy's Day and the hazards of drinking too much Irish whiskey. Dude was one helluva guitar player until his liver shot craps and he passed away at the age of 47. Not the kind of music I listen to much these days but there was a time.

Speaking of dying, here's a recent conversation between the Missus and I:

Missus: "Didn't you work with a lady by the name of Genevieve at the KFC?"

Me: "Yeah, Why?"

Missus: "She died."

Me: "I'm sure she did. She was old when I worked there and that was fifty years ago."

Missus: "No. She just died. She was 101 years old."

Me: Whoa! That's something!

Pretty remarkable to make it past 100. She was a nice lady and a pleasure to work with.

I also just heard that a former student of mine was killed in an industrial accident. Forty years old. I just saw him a couple of weeks ago when Cuzzin Rick and I were out for breakfast. He was cutting up scrap metal and something fell on him according to the paper. Damn shame. Rest in Peace Josh and Genevieve.

Ending on a more cheery note, Frankie Flood left a comment a couple of posts back with a couple of links to videos on making the finger plate. They show the whole project from start to finish. The videos are as well made as the finished product plus there's an addition to make cross drilling small round stock easy. Thanks again Professor.

No comments: