Sunday, March 4, 2018

Roly-Poly


The weather is looking like there's hope for us around here. We've still got lots of flooding, though. The water in the front field has mostly gone away, the basement is about dry again and we've got a couple more dry days on tap. That's a real good thing. I'm wanting to get out on the newly serviced bicycle before I turn into a Roly-Poly.

Since it warmed up a bit I made it out to the woodshop on top of the new barn. Cut out and routed a little board for mounting a turtle shell to add to the skulls and things I've found out running and walking.


I also made up a shelf/toolboard for the basement lathe. The material was from a left over job and the magnetic strip I attached is one of the free things you get from Harbor Freight when you make a purchase. I'm going to paint the bare edges white so it looks a bit more finished. I can't see me gluing any laminate on the edges. After I get it hung up I'll see what else I need to accommodate the tools and tooling and make whatever hangers necessary and then screw them onto the board. The white surface should reflect the light nicely as an extra bonus.

I'm going to do a few outside things today and maybe get out into the shop depending on how the mood strikes me. As long as I get out of the house and it's not raining, I'll be happy.


No comments: