Sunday, December 2, 2018

Carb Adaptor


I finished the carb adaptor by installing three 8-32 set screws to secure it to the carb. Really pleased with how it came out. Actually, I like the photo as well. If I had cleaned up the background first it would be a pretty neat photo. Might be a good subject for black & white. Maybe I should keep a record of this project with a film camera with some thought given to composure and lighting instead of just the quickie shots I take with my little digital.



I usually keep my zip ties on top of the socket tray in my top box. Since they're in a plastic container I can easily move them out of the way if need be and the rest of the time they're real handy - until the plastic container gives it up and I've got a couple hundred zip ties on top of all my sockets. I had a short shipping tube I was getting ready to toss out when it occurred to me I could make a little rack for the zip ties out of it. I cut down into a scrap 1x4 with two hole saws - one a bit larger than the OD and one a bit smaller than the ID of the tube and I ended up with the tubes fitting in the pockets nice and snug. I cut the board off after the photo and plugged the hole from the pilot bit and there we are. I haven't decided yet whether to hang it on the wall or off the side of the tool box yet but I'll make something up in the next day or so.

This was what I was referring to in my last post - having the time to tinker around out in the shop with no real deadline or pressure. Just do things as I please and finally have the shop fixed up where all the tools are readily at hand so I can just do the work rather than doing work before I can do the work. Pretty happy of late. I've been jumping from woodworking, machining, welding and some mechanical work and it's all easy to do. The hardest thing now is walking between a couple of buildings. Life is good.

Speaking of which, I got a call from the bike shop in Indy the other day about the Royal Enfield Himalayan. I'm going to run down there this week with my SV in the back of the truck and see about making a deal. Sounded pretty promising price-wise over the phone. I've been riding for over 50 years and I've only had one new bike in my life and that was 50 years ago. I'm thinking it's about time. I'll post the outcome of the trip later in the week. 

No comments: