Saturday, December 15, 2018

Indy Trip



We made the trip to Indy the other day - Cuzzin Ricky, one of the guys I did the Cowboy Trail with this summer and myself. We stopped at the bike shop first off. It looks like I can make a deal on the Himalayan even though the Suzuki took a beating when I dropped it. I'll have to take one as well as far as the trade in price goes, but I've got no one to blame there but myself.

The open wheel exhibit at the Speedway was pretty cool. Lots of cars on display small to large. TQ midgets, early and current midgets, sprint cars, and champ cars. Mostly of the exhibit focused on dirt cars but there were a few pavement cars and in another room there were a bunch of former Indy winners. If you're a fan of open wheel racing, I'd plan a trip to the Speedway to check it out.

The car in the photos above is pretty much what I've got in mind for my build. It appears to be built real close to the plans I posted a few posts back. Looks like it could be a fun project. I picked up a front axle with the wishbone and spring, so I've got a start. As soon as I finish my Christmas shopping and pay off the bills, I'll order the remaining parts for the slant six so I can get it put together and then start searching for a transmission that'll fit it. Once I get that, I should be able to figure out where everything will go, determine the wheelbase and finalize the blueprint.  

2 comments: