Sunday, December 9, 2018

Fire Extinguishers & Bazooka Power

Surly passed this one along to me. Not quite what I've got in mind but pretty darn close, especially as far as chassis and suspension goes. I'm going to get out in the shop today and try to get a little bit done. Since it's been rather cold and I'm still a bit sore I haven't done much on the projects the last few days but I've gotten a bunch of little piddly things done around the place. 

I checked all the fire extinguishers for the Kidde recall. I have three of them that have been recalled, so I got that taken care of. I've got a bunch of extinguishers around the place. Three in the house, four in the shop, two in the new barn, and one in each of the daily drivers. I should probably get one and keep it on the tractor or someplace handy in the big barn as well. As a guy who has done some dumb things over the years, my last post being a fine example, I'd rather be prepared for a fire than scrambling around trying to figure out how to put it out once I started it.

I sharpened up the blades on the lawn mower and finished preparing it so it'll be ready for spring. I fired it up and let it idle in the shop while I was opening the up the big barn. About the time I pulled it out the carbon monoxide alarm went off. So in addition to having the fire extinguisher situation well in hand, I know the CO alarm works and it has a fresh battery. The one in the house had an error message showing when I checked it recently. I installed a new battery but still no go. Apparently they only have a 10 year life span and then they self destruct. I've got it replaced already, however. So I'm up to snuff on the smoke and CO alarms and I'm good on the fire extinguishers, or will be as soon as the replacements arrive.


Went to the fights last night - Bazooka Joe's pro debut. His opponent has had a bunch of MMA but not much actual boxing experience and it showed. He threw a lot of "haymakers" and tried to get inside on Joe and then tie up. Joe missed a few opportunities to counter but stung him with some decent jabs in the first round. The second round Joe connected with a big right hand and wobbled the guy. Joe continued to put pressure on him from that point forward, his opponent went down, both myself and the referee calling it a slip, but the guy stayed down. Joe won the bout by TKO late in the second round. I'm not sure what he's going to do next. There aren't a lot of pro fights in the area but he definitely wants to fight again. It's good to see his hard work and persistence paying off. Congrats to Joe and his bazooka power.

No comments: