Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Anarchy On The Way?

So the whole Russian collusion thing was a 25,000,000 waste fueled by a media that wants to burn the president down like somehow that would be good for the country. Yet there are plenty of others that could have been indicted that were involved in starting that whole mess.

Rich Hollywood types buy their children a seat into top tier colleges but it looks like there might be some justice there. But now the doofus from Chicago who said he was attacked by a couple of guys wearing MAGA hats has all of the charges against him dropped.

I was working out in the shop and came in while the press conference with Mayor Emmanuel and Superintendent Johnson was in progress. Mayor Rahm was not a happy camper by any means. While I'm not a fan of most of the Hollywood types, the media or politicians in general, I was glad to see the mayor voicing his displeasure in no uncertain terms and going to bat for his police force.

If you've been reading the blog for any length of time I'm sure you've picked up my distaste for most things political. I'm a firm believer in less government is best government. Stick closely to the Constitution and things will go pretty smooth. However, it's about time that all the laws should be applied equally to all citizens. If you're not a citizen, you have no rights - at least that's what the customs guy told me when I was crossing into Canada way back when just prior to getting strip searched.

There are a lot of people out here in middle America who are getting more than a little tired of all that's been going on the last few years. It's going to be real interesting to see what this next election brings. Might be that's the real reason many of the politicians are looking to disarm their constituents. It's hard to revolt if all you've got is a pitchfork, especially since most people have never even seen one, let alone have one in the shed.

2 comments:

Rich in Ky said...

For the record, I have three pitchforks (one an antique that's never used), and a mulch fork for the wife. :-)

Well, how will those defending this actor's actions become offended when those who don't believe him speak against him? Let us count the ways. Subjective morality is taking us all down faster than I could have ever imagined.

Regarding the Constitution, I'm reading a really good book on it, "The Naked Constitution; What the Founders Said, and Why It Still Matters". - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OVEZ66/

Cheers,
Rich


Shop Teacher Bob said...

I've got a couple of pitchforks in different flavors myself. I'm not sure why, but I always picture a pitchfork as the symbol of rebellion. Probably got it from the old movies I watch. However, from what I've been reading it looks like there is trouble on the horizon. I've got no idea what the trigger will be but I'm definitely concerned. More for my son and his family than myself, but still, I don't like the direction the country is heading.

The book looks like a good one. The local library has it so as soon as I finish the one I'm currently reading, I'll dive into that one.