Friday, March 8, 2019

Slan Leat Eire








A few more photos from the Ireland trip. Top four are from the gardens at Blarney Castle. With the warmer than normal weather, the Rose of Sharon and magnolias were blooming. Surprised to see a Corvette - especially an Indianapolis Speedway pace car model. I talked to the guy for a couple of minutes. Definitely his pride and joy but also paranoid about it getting scratched or hit - can't say as I blame him, though.

Bottom two from our last stop before returning to Dublin on our last day out. The huge castle was abandoned and all the furnishings were sold off at one time but it has been restored. The interior is as it would have been when it was last occupied during Victorian times rather than Medieval times. However, as you can see from the bottom photo, the town itself  has been around for a while.

All in all, a great trip. There aren't too many places or things left on the bucket list now. Maybe Spain and the Isle of Man for overseas trips. I've only got three more states in the US to see and I'll be getting one of those in a few weeks. I'll be finding out the details tomorrow on that trip. I would like to take a motorcycle trip. The Missus is not too crazy about that idea but maybe if I signed up with an organized tour like Edelweiss or MotoQuest she could be talked into it. Regardless, if I never get farther than fifty miles from the house in the future, I've been pretty damn lucky to see what I've seen of the world. 

Go n'eiri an bother leat!

No comments: