Monday, March 4, 2019

Dublin Again




A couple more shots from Dublin. The shot of the fighters is promoting the Irish museum. If you're a fight fan you'll recognize the guy on the right. I'm not sure who the guy is on the left might be Tunney since that was one of the most famous fights of all time. One of these days when I've got some time on my hands I'll put a little effort into figuring it out.

Middle photo was next to an office dealing with labor issues of some sort. Nice slogan, I thought.

Bottom photo taken along the River Leffey which divides the city of Dublin. Our hotel was right next to the river.


One of several bridges over the river, this being the most modern. Interesting mix of architecture in the city. You can see the modern building in the right side of the photo but most of the buildings along the river are of a more traditional style with a shop on the ground floor and living quarters upstairs. There aren't any skyscrapers in the city. All the new buildings are of a modest height - some of them are rather ugly when compared to the older buildings from my point of view. However, many of the residential buildings and churches are quiet lovely. Lots of iron fencing and gates.

The city seems to have a lot of night life. I'm pretty well past all that but several of the tour group went out and said the joint was jumping. Dublin also has a huge city park that we took a ride through on the bus. I still have to say Florence is my favorite city, though.

2 comments:

Kevin Kaluf said...

I'll always love that girl named Florence :-)

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I had an aunt Florence - she was a dear, sweet lady. If someone's wife was expecting a baby girl, Florence might be name to consider.