Sunday, March 24, 2019

MAGA


Completed tool crib. Looks decent and works as I intended it to. All good.

I also got my taxes finished the other day. With all the changes to the tax code the tax lady hit me with a surcharge for her new software but I got a pretty good return on my investment. I actually got a decent amount back from the feds instead of having to pay like I normally do. I usually get a small refund back from the state but I got double the amount this year. Make America Great Again? I don't know about all that but he made my life better for at least one day and with the new standard deduction for married couples, it will simplify my bookkeeping throughout the year. Of course, the country is still amassing a huge deficit, but not much I can do about that. I'll just try and keep my own financial house in order.

The weather was pretty nice yesterday - got up above fifty degrees for a change. It was nice enough to get the Himalayan out for a short spin. It fired right up and after a short warm-up, took it down the road and back. I'm not so sure how it's going to be at highway speeds but should be just the ticket for commuting to the new job and buzzing around town.

Going to try and get a few things done around the shack and in the shop this coming week. Then it'll be off to California.

No comments: