Monday, March 18, 2019

Tool Crib


Woke up Sunday morning to snow - again. It was one of those pretty snows with the big flakes. The weatherman was calling for temps in the forties later in the day so no worries about accumulation or shoveling, but this can stop any time now. We didn't get any big snows this past winter but we got enough of it. We got some severe temps but seems like it never stayed cold long enough to get decent ice thickness or snow cover to do much in the way of winter-time sports. Always interesting weather here in NW Indiana.


My first fab job at the new gig. The boss man wanted a tool crib with a pair of sliding doors. He had some track and the trolley wheels that had previously been installed that I took down and re-installed where I needed them. I arranged transportation of the material to my shop with my personal cartage company, Cuzzin Ricky, and spent a day cutting and welding. They fit and worked as designed. I damn sure didn't want to screw up on the first job I was given since I'm pretty sure I was hired primarily for my welding skills. I've got another small piece to make to close in the one end of the crib but that should be easy enough. I'll check with the boss and see if he's good with me taking a photo of the finished installation. If so, I'll post a picture later this week.

No comments: