Thursday, March 21, 2019

Never-Seize


That's just about the size of it. However, I use it all the time on anything I might have to take apart at a later date that will be exposed to water or if you've got dissimilar metals like an aluminum casting with a steel fastener. It'll keep your aluminum wheels from freezing up on the hubs as well. Anyone who does mechanical work of any kind should keep this handy. You might end up looking like the Tin Man but it can save you a lot of grief.

Busy week. I'm starting to have second thoughts about working the two jobs the next eight weeks. Looks like the class at college is going to be a good one though - small class and looks to be a decent bunch. Meeting with the tax lady today. It'll be good to get that out of the way. I imagine I'll owe Uncle Sam a few bucks because the government refuses to live within its means. One of these days the well's going to run dry. Paying back that 22 trillion or what it tallies up to when the bottom drops out is going to be quite painful for a lot of people.

At least it's spring. Only about another month until it's tax free day for all of us working stiffs.

2 comments:

Rich in Ky said...

Yep. My dad, being a Navy man, instilled in me long ago: If it moves, grease it. If it doesn't move, paint it. If you want to get it loose later, never-seize it.
Cheers... Rich

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Good advice. Always for steel bolts in aluminum castings as well as stainless spokes on bike wheels. They won't rust but they will gall.

I told the wife the other day I'd really like to go back down to Kentucky again. The weather should be beautiful about now. Dinner at Claudia Sanders Dinner House and then a couple of days in Bardstown, maybe swing over to Paducah and visit a couple of my old neighbors. Be just what the doctor ordered.