Sunday, July 24, 2022

Streamliner Teaser

 


Woke up yesterday to a big storm - lightning, thunder, power outage, the works. The storms came through in about three waves. In between the first and the second, I backed the wife's car out to go get my veggie ration and the garage door wouldn't close with the remote. I acted like it does if there is something under it blocking the safety eye ball but nothing seemed amiss there. I'm wondering if a lightning strike caused some damage to the electronics. 

I did finally get the truck all loaded up for the welding job later in the day after the rain stopped. I ran a couple of beads with the new rods. The half-way decent looking one in the photo was run at 105 amps. The puddle was "watery" and most of the heat seemed to be concentrated on the rod, rather than on the base metal. It seemed to work best using a back step method. Anyway, I'm all loaded up for next week.


I made another piece for mounting the seat after fooling with the welder. Not much but a little something. Can't do much with it storming and losing power intermittently.


My cousin sent me a few photos of a streamliner under construction. His wife interviewed him for the local paper. He's going to send me a copy of the article when it comes out in a few days. The constructor on this project is 86 years old. Can't wait to get the full story.

No comments: