Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #39

 



Front and back view of the Vintage Motorsport magazine tee. I got this one when I subscribed or re-subscribed, I don't remember which. This one came straight out of the tub - never been worn. Should bring a good price at the tee shirt stand at my funeral.

I welded up the cast iron exhaust pipe on the big loader yesterday. Things didn't go quite like I had figured. As the way it was explained to me, I probably couldn't get much weld on it due to the placement in the engine compartment. As it turns out I could get almost all the way around it. I tacked it together and started welding. The one tack broke without me noticing it and the crack on the back side of the pipe opened up. I had to cut the pipe apart and start over after doing some judicious grinding. The new welding rods got the job done but I wouldn't recommend them unless, as in this case, you have to use an AC welding machine. 

I fixed the garage door yesterday after getting home from the portable job. I reset all the limits on the opener and that took care of it. Glad I got that taken care of. The Missus wasn't going to be able to open it if she had to leave and I wasn't around. In fact, I left it open just in case when I left to do the welding job. 

I was talking to my brother from a different mother Sunday at my grandson's graduation open house and the subject of project vehicles came up, of course. He sent me some info on the weight of the Slant Six (475 lbs) and the A904 trans (125). So I'm looking at 600 pounds combined weight for engine and trans. Should bring the finished weight of the car in at someplace between 1500 - 1750, I would guess. He also sent me the transmission ratios. There was a change in '81. I think the trans I ended up with is the later model which has a lower 1st gear, which would be good.  

No comments: