Saturday, July 23, 2022

Welder's Loaded


The weatherman was calling for a chance of storms last night, today and Sunday, so I decided it would be best to get the welder loaded up while it was dry outside - hot - but dry. The Fast Fix came in yesterday, so the plan is to put some gas in the tank with the Fast Fix to get the carb jets cleaned up, hook the cables up and run a couple of beads with the new rods and make sure everything is a go for Monday.

I loaded the welder with my Harbor Freight floor crane. It comes apart fairly easily, so I did just that, loaded it up in the back of the truck, hauled it over to where the tractor was parked, put it back together, picked up the welder and rolled it over to the truck. Nothing to it. 30 minutes tops. The crane is the 1 ton model, which is enough capacity for most things I want to lift but at max capacity, the boom has to be sucked all the way in - not much stick to work with. I should have bought the 2 ton - would have given me much more versatility with only a bit more cash outlay. 

Took the Missus to the eye doctor yesterday after my appointment at the massage parlor. We went out for a late lunch after that and that pretty much shot the day in the ass. After I get the welder squared away today, I'm aiming to get out in the shop. 

 

No comments: